Koeman still wants Netherlands job

Everton manager Ronald Koeman still aims to become Netherlands coach at some stage in his career.

The 53-year-old was widely regarded as the favourite to replace Louis van Gaal after the 2014 World Cup, but the Dutch football association eventually opted to appoint Guus Hiddink
00001C0F
instead, who in turn made way for Danny Blind in 2015 following an underwhelming start.

Koeman left Southampton to take charge of Everton ahead of the 2016-17 campaign, signing a three-year deal at Goodison Park, but still has designs on the top job in his homeland.

Coaching Netherlands remains one of my ambitions, Koeman told Fox Sports.

But I think every coach would like that. If I get the chance to coach Netherlands, I would like to take that chance.

Lyon defend Bosz and deny Lacazette complained about tactics as results nose-dived

Lyon have denied issuing an ultimatum to coach Peter Bosz, with the Ligue 1 giants also rejecting reports of captain Alexandre Lacazette making tactical complaints.

After taking 13 points from their opening five games this season, Lyon have slumped to three successive defeats, losing to Lorient, Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain.

Former Ajax, Borussia Dortmund and Bayer Leverkusen coach Bosz is in his second season with seven-time French champions Lyon, and last term saw them finish a disappointing eighth, therefore missing out on a place in European competition.

The dip in the early stages of this season has been followed by Lyon being closely scrutinised, and the club have taken issue with various claims.

They said a report of a post-match crisis meet…

Ince given permission to discuss Premier League move

Blackpool winger Tom Ince has been granted permission to open negotiations over a possible loan move to a Premier League club.

The likes of Monaco, Everton and Swansea City have been linked with the England Under-21 international in recent weeks, with that speculation increasing following the departure of his father Paul as manager earlier this week.

Ince has been a revelation for Blackpool, scoring 33 goals in 113 appearances for the Championship club after he moved to Bloomfield Road from Liverpool in 2011.

The 21-year-old now wishes to make the step up to the Premier League and Blackpool will not stand in his way.

A statement on Blackpool s official website read: Blackpool Football Club can confirm that, following discussions with Thomas Ince and his represent…

Barca stand firm on Rakitić

have no intention of entering any kind of negotiations with Paris Saint-Germain over a sale of Ivan Rakitić to the French champions, according to .

This stance would very likely end any interest from the Parisians as the reported buyout clause in his contract amounts to a huge €125million, while the hands of PSG are tied due to Financial Fair Play regulations after the stellar signings of Neymar and Kylian Mbappe.

The Switzerland-born Croatia international has started his fourth season with the Catalan club having spent as many at Sevilla and Schalke 04 each. Before that, he played two years for Basel.

Barcelona are understandably reluctant to part ways with the 30-year-old, especially after losing Andres Iniesta and Paulinho. Rakitić had a fantastic World …

´Traditional´ powers thing of the past, says Dunga

The notion of traditional footballing powerhouses is becoming obsolete, Brazil coach Dunga said after reigning champions Italy were eliminated from the World Cup on Thursday.

Italy joined 1998 champions France in finishing bottom of their respective groups for an early flight home.

England and Germany left qualification to the second round until their third group match while joint favourites Spain still have to nail down their passage to the round of 16.

But Dunga said it was to be expected as players for other lesser teams gained experience and accrued invaluable technical skills starring for high-profile clubs in Europe.

Argentina and Brazil are already under a lot of pressure, he said. We have to start evolving.

Forget the notion of traditio…

John Guidetti set for Feyenoord return

Feyenoord are readying summer bid for Manchester City striker John Guidetti, .

The De Kuip outfit are likely to stay without top scorer Graziano Pelle in the summer and they believe the Swede would be an excellent replacement.

Guidetti enjoyed a very successful loan spell at Feyenoord during the 2011/2012 season and the Dutch giants hope they can sign him on permanent transfer this time out.

According to Voetbal International, a transfer fee in the region of €2.5 million should prove sufficient to prize him away from Etihad.

John Guidetti missed around 18 months of action through a knee injury before he was loaned to Stoke City in the January window.

However, the 21-year-old went on to make just six substitute appearances in the Premier League,…

Alessio Romagnoli back on Chelsea radar

Premier League title runners Chelsea are said to be in the hunt for a new centre-back.

Maurizio Sarri is looking to bolster his option and increase competition for places by bringing in a new player this winter and the Italian media suggest that AC Milan defender Alesio Romagnoli is topping the wihslist.

The Italian defender is said to be fitting the profile of a Sarri centre-back perfectly and the Blues are ready to reignite interest in the 23-year-old after failing with an official bid for the player in 2016.

Chelsea scouts were reportedly in Milan for the big city derby this weekend to watch Romagnoli in action and will be making their move when the transfer window reopens.

Romagnoli is eyed as a perfect long-term replacement for Gary Cahil, David Lui…

QPR set to sign Lyndon Dykes from Livingston

Livingston striker Lyndon Dykes is on the verge of joining Queens Park Rangers, according to . It has been reported that QPR in the Championship in England have agreed a £2 million deal with Scottish Premiership side Livingston.

The 24-year-old will miss Livingston’s game against Rangers in the Scottish Premiership this afternoon and looks set to make the switch to QPR, who missed out on the playoffs this past season.

According to , the striker has scored two goals in three Scottish Premiership games for Livingston so far this season, while during the 2019-20 campaign, he scored nine goals and provided eight assists in 25 Scottish Premiership matches during the 2019-20 campaign, according to .

QPR will be looking to challenge for a top-six finish in the Champ…

Curbishley would be step backward for Aston Villa

Today former-Charlton boss Alan Curbishley is being linked with the vacant Aston Villa job.

The 52 year-old made 36 appearances for the Midlander’s in his playing career but was never regarded as a fan’s favourite.

Experience

Villa owner Randy Lerner has already stated that he expects to appoint a new boss with Premier League experience before Villa’s next game at Stoke on the 13th September.

Curbishley is vastly experienced in the top flight but has had mixed results.

Charlton

He did a sterling job with little Charlton getting them promoted to the top flight of English football and keeping them there. The season after Curbishley left the Addick’s they were relegated to the Championship and are now in League One. He is still regar…

Falcao decline a real shame, says Ranieri

Ex-Monaco boss Claudio Ranieri has described the decline of Chelsea striker Radamel Falcao as a real shame .

Falcao has struggled for goals since swapping the Ligue 1 side for Manchester United last season and moving to Jose Mourinho s side this year.

The 29-year-old has only scored five times in the Premier League from 35 appearances over that 18-month period at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Ranieri was in charge of Monaco between 2012 and 2014, a spell which covered the Colombia international s debut season in the principality, and has been saddened to watch him struggle.

It is a real shame, a real shame because he is a great guy, the Leicester City boss told Omnisport.

He is a real champion, a very hard worker. He is incredible and I wish…